Last Revised: December 26, 2014
The following terms have the following meanings. “Administrator” means the person authorized by a Subscriber to administer one or more Clubs or other Services on behalf of the Subscriber. “Club” means a group or subset of Users that receives Services pursuant to these Terms. There are three types of Clubs: “Invite Only Club”, “Public Club” and “Private Club”. “Club Advisor” means the Administrator of a Club. “Cookie” means a small digital file containing a string of characters that is stored on your computer when
you visit a website. “Content” means information and data in any and all formats, including text, links, files, photographs, graphics, videos, polls, events, and any other type of content that can be stored on a mobile, tablet or computer.
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that we collect, store, process or share, that does not identify an individual person, even if the information is collected from a person. “Personal Information” (also known as “personally-identifiable information”) is any information that we
What Information does Zaahah collect?
Zaahah collects the personal information necessary to register on the Service, updates you make to your user profiles, and information you choose to share and topics you choose to explore, as stated in detail in
Zaahah Registration Information.
Zaahah is presently invitation only and you must be invited by a current User to join an existing Club. With your invitation, we collect the following information, some of which is Personal Information:
- Who invited you to join Zaahah.
- The club you were invited to.
- The organization (i.e., a school), if any, that the Club is affiliated with.
When you accept the invitation, we require the following information to complete the sign up, some of which is Personal Information.
- Your real name.
- Zaahah Profiles.
The Service is designed to support Users in each area of their life, and automatically creates three different Profiles: personal, school and work. Zaahah captures updates to any Profile. Each Profile may
have a unique:
- Nickname, which may optionally be visible to other Users.
- Email address, which is never visible to other Users.
- Introduction, which is visible to other Users.
- Links to the User’s other social and professional networks, which may optionally be visible to other
Information you share. As a User you can add any type of Content, including, posts, photos, videos, web links, and files, to Clubs you belong to or to your Profile, some or all of which may contain your Personal Information. Content added to a Public Club, as well as, comments and likes on Content in a Public Club are visible to
any registered user of Zaahah.
Content added to Invite-Only and Private Clubs, as well as, comments and likes on Content in Invite-Only and Private Clubs are visible only to members of that Club.
Searching on Zaahah.
Users explore their interests on the Service to discover other Users with a similar interest, Clubs about that interest and, in the future; actual search results. Like other websites, the Service stores what you search for, in order to better connect you with other Users and with Clubs. What you search on is not visible to other Users or shared with other Users or organizations. Other Users who enter search terms similar to search terms you have entered may see that another User also searched on the same or similar search term. The other Users may not see exact terms you searched on. You choose whether to display your real name, user-name, or nickname. They can vie your Profile summary, which includes the brief introduction you created in the Profile settings.
What others see about you.
Any User who connects with you via a common interest may see either your real name, user-name or nickname, which is determined by you. They may also view your Profile summary. Users who belong to the same Club may see Content you post to the Club, comments on Content posted to the Club, or likes on Content posted to the Club. Registered Users of the Service may see the above. Content, comments and likes that are posted in Public Clubs. Other Users will not see Content you post to other Invite-Only Clubs or Private Clubs they are not members of.
Registered Users of the Service may follow each other. If a User is following you, the User will see Content you add to Public Clubs, Invite-Only Clubs or to your own Profile wall.
How We Use Your Personal Information.
We may use your Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- To deliver, operate and improve the Services.
- To facilitate any payment transactions.
- To contact you about updates to the Services.
- For internal business analysis and other internal business purposes.
How We Share Your Personal Information.
We only share Information shared in Clubs with the Subscriber and the Subscriber’s Administrators that controls their affiliated Clubs. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information, without notice, to third parties in the following instances:
- We have your consent to do so.
- The disclosure helps us deliver the Services to you.
- The disclosure is to your chosen payment provider to fulfill purchases of the Services or other goods or services requested by you.
- The disclosure is to one of our vendors or affiliates for the limited purpose of helping us carry out the functions set forth in this section and/or the How We Use Personal Information section.
- The disclosure is otherwise consistent with the purpose for which the Personal Information was provided to us.
- The Personal Information is publicly available.
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets.
- When we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law.
- When we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure is necessary to respond to legal process, including subpoenas, served on us by a third party, or to respond to a request or demand for assistance from law enforcement or a government agency.
- When we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Zaahah, or any Subscriber, Administrator or User, or any third parties.
- When we believe, in our sole discretion, that a Subscriber, Administrator, or User is engaging in illegal activities.
- The disclosure is otherwise permitted by law. Our vendors and affiliates are prohibited from using or sharing any Personal Information received from us in a way that is inconsistent with the purposes for which the Personal Information was shared with them. Information shared with Zaahah’s corporate partners, sponsors or advertisers. Zaahah may share your Personal Information with third parties for the purpose of providing Services to
you (e.g., payment processors) or at your request (e.g., advertisers).
We may also provide our partners with Non-Personal Information, such as the number of Users with a particular interest. The partner may then ask us to use the Service to contact each User who has that particular interest, and will have an opportunity to use Zaahah to reach them. This may include the partner sponsoring a Club or other Service, or the partner sending an email or (in the future) a mobile notification via the Service. Whether you engage with the partner in response to a partner communication and share your Personal Information with the partner is entirely up to you, and you agree that Zaahah has no responsibility for any interactions between you and any partner, sponsor or advertiser.
you register with a Club, a cookie copied to your local device helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the Service, the information you previously provided can be
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies from each Service. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of a Service.
We may disclose aggregated Non-Personal Information that has been collected from you and others to our existing or potential vendors or other third parties, or in response to a government request or demand. We may also share aggregated and de-identified demographic data with third parties.
Third Party Websites & Links.
networks, and other companies who place advertisements on websites, email messages and on the Internet may use this or other technology to collect information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of websites you choose to link to from website links that we provide through Services, or from any advertisements posted on the Services by third parties, so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for privacy or security policies or practices of any third parties or their other websites.
The Service is not directed at children under 13 years of age, and we do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such personal information from our systems. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us personal information, please contact us (see Contact Us section).
Users Residing Outside the United States.
StartUP Productions LLC
1829 Pine Street #202
Philadelphia, PA 19103, U.S.A.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to answer any questions, promptly evaluate any complaints, determine if any violations have occurred and remedy any problems as appropriate.